Managed ID Setup Process
There are several steps to the creation of a Managed Apple ID - several steps are automated processes that happen after hours however updates can be pushed sooner when needed.
- Google Apps for Education account created and the account info is entered into Infinite Campus on the individuals census record for both students and staff.
- Infinite Campus Students - a valid enrollment record is verified for the student and a Campus Portal account is created.
- Infinite Campus Staff - a) census employment and assignments tabs are completed with current building assignment. b) the local staff number is entered, consult HR as needed for staff ID number and c) staff user login created in Campus Users.
- Infinite Campus to Apple School Manager sync - this sync happens automatically each evening at 6:00 p.m. During the sync process several steps happen including: a) creation of new Managed ID's b) sync of all class rosters for roster changes, class add/drops, creation of new classes, deletion of classes no longer used and c) disables Managed AppleID's for students who have dropped/withdrawn. This process can be pushed during the day if needed and can take from just a minute or two to an hour depending on Apple's servers.
- Apple School Manager to Mosyle sync - this sync takes place at 2:00 a.m. each morning and sync's the information between the two systems. This process can be pushed during the day if needed and takes 10-15 minutes to complete.
Once Step 5 is completed, the student and/or staff member is ready to go for iPads, Managed ID assignments, etc. From enrollment to Managed ID availability, users should plan an approximate 1 day turn around or arrange for pushes to be forced in steps 4&5.